Monday, November 15, 2010

Sonya's Baptism and Faith's Bridal Shower

So I'm trying to catch up here a little and want to let everyone know that Sonya was baptized. The same weekend we had a bridal party in Tacoma for my sister Faith, who is now married and is Mrs. Steven Scamman (but I'll save the wedding post for later). I really enjoyed the way my sister Sarah's summarized the shower and baptism so please visit her site ( vocavitvita.blogspot.com ) because I don't think that I could say it better.

Here is a picture of Sonya with Grandpa (Pastor) John, and Grandpa (Pastor) Kirk and Grandma Cherie as sponsors and Dad and Mom.
And one with her mom.

I like the baptism quote from Dr. Richard Shuta, "...But infant Baptism, on the other hand, vividly captures the offense and scandal of the Gospel as God’s unmerited gift. Infant Baptism bears living testimony that each of us are Christians only because of what God has done first for us. He alone makes us family members at a point in our lives when we have done absolutely nothing to deserve that adoption." Sonya's baptism is a reminder to me that neither she or I have anything to do with our rightousness, but daily receive it as a gift and have our baptism to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment